Tufin Review

We are able to design and monitor different rule sets in the three different domains that we control

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is firewall monitoring, rule changes, and logging.

How has it helped my organization?

The change work flow process is flexible and customizable. We found it pretty easy, particularly when we were implementing new rules and with our cleanup. We found that the rule change was fairly easy to implement.

It has allowed us to monitor rule changes. This way we know exactly what would happen behind the scenes in the event of an after-hours change.

What is most valuable?

Its ability to detect changes within our firewall.

What needs improvement?

We had some issues initially with the initial reporting and alerting system.

While the visibility was pretty good initially, we have had issues with configuring and reporting.

I would like a better reporting feature and automatic alerting based upon rule changes.

Our engineers still have plenty of manual processes to work with.

The product seems stable from when we implemented it at the time.

We're pretty small scale, so I don't know how much larger it would go. We're about a 4,000 device network.

I haven't interacted with the technical support.

The initial setup was straightforward, but then it became complex due to our rule set.

We used a reseller, who was fine to work with.

The solution has helped reduce the time it takes us to make changes. It helps make overall integrated changes immediately. It allows us to cut down at least a few hours in the week in regards to changes and monitoring.

What other advice do I have?

Really dig deep and understand your use cases, then what exactly you're looking for out of the solution.

It has allowed us to maintain particular rules in regards to CJIS and HIPAA compliance.

We have multiple networks connected to this solution. So, we are able to design and monitor different rule sets in the three different domains that we control.

See it in Action