Tufin Review

Does not natively support all of the Check Point functions

What is most valuable?

It is customizable.

What needs improvement?

It does not natively support all of the Check Point functions, which is a big deal. The solution doesn't recognize traffic and impede it.

We have had a ton of issues with stability. The database is weirdly designed. Things just go wrong with it where we have to call the tech guys. They come in and clean the database fairly regularly.

We've scaled it to hundreds of firewalls. We haven't had a scalability issue.

If you don't buy their premium support, their technical support is not great and you can only call during daytime hours. So, we ended up purchasing their premium support.

The reason that we purchased the solution is because of the visibility that it provides.

The SecureChange implementation was straightforward.

The SecureApp implementation was very complicated. The topology was so complicated that we threw it away after months of having Tufin people come out to try and make it work.

We bought deployment services from Tufin.

We are seeing ROI in terms of having SecureApp. However, we made a significant investment to get there.

What other advice do I have?

The topology doesn't work and SecureApp doesn't seem to be a strategic product for Tufin anymore. Proceed cautiously with that in mind.

I would rate their SecureChange an eight out of ten. I would give their vision an eight, but for their execution I would give a three out of ten.

See how Tufin can simplify your network security management

Find out how automation and orchestration of security policy management can help you increase agility and efficiency, while reducing risks and ensuring compliance and audit readiness. Request a Tufin demo today.