Tufin Review

While the product was a little slow, it did look full-featured

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for this solution is firewall remediation.

I didn't get very far with it because I didn't used Tufin in production, only during the evaluation phase.

How has it helped my organization?

I tested it for the change orchestration. That is what my evaluation recently was specifically for. While the product was a little slow, it did look full-featured.

What is most valuable?

The firewall remediation and compliance pieces are the most valuable features.

What needs improvement?

I couldn't get it to work in the lab, even with help, on multiple occasions, from one of Tufin's engineers. It was set up in my private lab per all their instructions, and I gave them control of the system. However, they were unable to make it install the policies to Check Point in an automated fashion. So, I unfortunately gave up on the proof of concept at that point.

In terms of stability, the version I tested in the lab was okay.

I don't know about the scalability, as I never got it out a very small VM.

Their technical support was okay. I needed more help getting the product to work in the lab.

We did not have an automated provisioning solution. At that time, all firewall changes were being implemented manually by administrators.

The initial setup was straightforward.

I was working directly with Tufin's sales team and SEs.

We looked at AlgoSec and Tufin. However, we did not chose Tufin because of the issues.

What other advice do I have?

Check the product out for yourself.

I wasn't using it for visibility into my firewall infrastructure, because I have other avenues.

I wasn't using the compliance portion when I was testing it, only the orchestration.

I want to look at Tufin for remediation and compliance in the future.

See how Tufin can simplify your network security management

Find out how automation and orchestration of security policy management can help you increase agility and efficiency, while reducing risks and ensuring compliance and audit readiness. Request a Tufin demo today.