Tufin Review

Saves time making changes in our hybrid environment, but the visibility could be better

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for this solution is firewall automation for rule requests.

How has it helped my organization?

We use Tufin to clean up our firewall policies, and it has benefited us by reducing our policy set. It has sped up the change request process as an overall whole.

This solution helps to ensure that our security policy is followed across the entire hybrid network. We are able to see both on-prem and cloud, and whether there are things preventing on one side or the other.

The time that we require to makes changes has been reduced from weeks to days.

Our engineers are spending less time on manual processes, with the majority of our tickets being same-day.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this solution is the ability to develop it further than what's out of the box.

What needs improvement?

The visibility is not as good as it should be. There are certain things that it doesn't have visibility to yet, but I'm hoping that it's coming. Once it has greater, fuller visibility, we can do more.

The change workflow process is flexible and customizable to a certain extent. The GUI is limited with respect to how much you can develop and visualize the process. However, there is good flexibility in the number of fields and text that you can add.

SecureTrack needs improvement, and access to SecureChange needs improvement.

Some of the features that I would like to see in the next release of this solution are:

• I would like Tufin to be supported on a container that is based in the cloud.
  • I would like the database to be separated from the backend.
  • I would like better automation support for Palo Alto.

This is a pretty stable solution. I won't say that there are no issues, but it does what they say it's going to do.

I think that the way it is architected, currently, is limited in its scalability. In the future, it should be more scalable.

Technical support for this solution is good. For a lot of the issues we have, we go directly to R&D.

We did not use another solution prior to this one.

The initial setup of this solution seemed to be straightforward until we got into the details. At that point, we found it to be complex. Once you start thinking about the things you want to do and how you want to do them, because it's so customizable, it can become complex quickly. However, not in a bad way.

We used G2 to assist us with our deployment, and they are great to work with. They're easy.

We have seen ROI, but I do not have any data points that I can share.

Our licensing fees are approximately $100,000 USD yearly.

We considered other products, but Tufin came with the best out-of-the-box solution, and with the greatest flexibility to change in the future.

What other advice do I have?

We do not yet use this solution to automatically check if a change request will violate any security policy rules. We have not yet utilized this solution to help with compliance.

With respect to the cloud-native security features, we are not leveraging the cloud as much as we should with Tufin.

There could be better things out-of-the-box; However, I know that it is a solution that has to cover a wide range of industry and supportability, so therefore it's a challenge to get everyone's wants and needs.

My advice to anybody who is implementing this solution is to spend more time than you think you need on SecureTrack because it sets the standard for using SecureChange in all of the other products.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

See how Tufin can simplify your network security management

Find out how automation and orchestration of security policy management can help you increase agility and efficiency, while reducing risks and ensuring compliance and audit readiness. Request a Tufin demo today.