Tufin Review

The change workflow process is very easy to customize

What is our primary use case?

We implement Tufin for other customers and help set it up.

I'm not the end user. I just set it up for the end user.

We are using the latest version from 2018.

How has it helped my organization?

We use Tufin to clean up our firewall policies. They already have the compliance policies sort of prepopulated in there to point out violations.

Most customers will go through and check the USP to see if it violated with the designer tool.

We are in the process of working with a customer right now to set up the Unified Security Policy (USP). We got all the violations from the first phase and will go through to do the mediations, then run the scan again to show the progression of the clients.

What is most valuable?

The preconfigured PCI compliance USPs are the best part for me. These make things a lot easier.

The visualizer for the Network Topology is really good. You can see all the routes throughout your entire environment.

The change workflow process is very easy to customize. You can do a workflow however you want, so you can have an approval every single step. Or, you can remove approvals on certain steps, automating some steps.

It capabilities are very good.

What needs improvement?

Sometimes, the user interface is a little cumbersome, trying to navigate between them. In the new version, it looks like they resolved those issues.

We have had a couple issues with the VMs, but I think it was just because they were starving for resources. A recommendation on what the virtual appliances should have for resources would be appreciated.

We have done PR strategies and added Tufin appliances. It is super easy to just back up and restore to a new one. You can get a new appliance up and running in 20 minutes.

We worked with their professional support before, but we have not worked with their Professional services.

The initial setup is straightforward.

We are a reseller.

We've install it to make money.

Tufin does make the process faster for customers, depending on if they use SecureChange to automate their process. Everything is all in one then.

Licensing is on a customer by customer basis.

What other advice do I have?

Try Tufin out. Make a PoC of it. That is how we sell most of our products because it works well.

Our customers do not have a hybrid network.

See how Tufin can simplify your network security management

Find out how automation and orchestration of security policy management can help you increase agility and efficiency, while reducing risks and ensuring compliance and audit readiness. Request a Tufin demo today.