Tufin Review

The Unified Security Policy has helped enforce our compliance requirements

What is our primary use case?

• Firewall audits
  • Firewall rule processing
  • Path analysis

How has it helped my organization?

We use Tufin to clean up your Firewall policy. We can look at the historical rules and find out what is violating our USP, then make a change accordingly.

This solution has helped us to meet our compliance mandates. We implemented the Unified Security Policy (USP). This helped enforce our compliance requirements. We have mitigated and remediated issues that have been brought forth due to that USP showing us issues.

What is most valuable?

Firewall rule processing and compliance are its most valuable features.

The visibility is good. Overall, I can see the rules and headcount.

The change workflow process is flexible and customizable. I made my own custom workflow.

What needs improvement?

The metrics need improvement. They need more consistency or understanding of automation, along lines of customization of automation.

Going forward, we would like a whole bunch of stuff regarding metrics and reporting. Also, a whole bunch of stuff regarding stopping SLAs when it goes back to the user or requester.

I'm struggling with cloud right now.

It is very stable.

We own nearly two million dollars worth of equipment. It is scalable.

I have not placed a technical support query.

We used Professional Services with consultants for the deployment.

I'm saving 20 man-hours a week, so I am seeing some ROI.

In January, it took us 25 days to process a firewall rules request. By June, it took us eight and half days using the solution.

This solution helped reduce the time it takes us to make changes by 66 percent.

The licensing costs are a significant amount of money.

I am a previous FireMon customer. Tufin beats FireMon hands down.

What other advice do I have?

Give it a try. Get a full list of Layer 3 devices available, import it into Tufin, look at the topology, and work forward from there.

Currently, we are still not provisioning.

See how Tufin can simplify your network security management

Find out how automation and orchestration of security policy management can help you increase agility and efficiency, while reducing risks and ensuring compliance and audit readiness. Request a Tufin demo today.