Tufin Review

Cleans up our firewall policies, giving us better security policy and less junk on firewalls

What is our primary use case?

We use SecureTrack and SecureChange to manage all of our firewalls.

We use the latest version.

How has it helped my organization?

The biggest benefit for us was the time frame to complete a ticket. It went from approximately a week and a half to two weeks down to about three days.

We use it to clean up our firewall policies, which gives us better security policy and less junk on the firewalls.

Risk analysis is automatically in our policy.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is automation.

The visibility of the policies are very good. It sees different things. The recordings are very good.

We use a lot of workflows and have a lot of custom things developed by Professional Services. It is very customizable.

What needs improvement?

We would like better communication on tickets, a better way to do metrics, and better communication to the customer. The biggest change that my team would like right now is communication on the process of the ticket, so the customer knows where their ticket is while their waiting.

At least in our environment, the dynamic learning of the topology needs improvement.

If you would have asked me two weeks ago, I would have said the stability was excellent. However, we had some upgrade problems. They were worked out and the support was excellent in helping us get it fixed. In general, the stability is very good.

We have a very big environment. The scalability works well.

Pretty good. They know when to escalate. We never put in easy tickets, They know to escalate quickly if they have to. We have our own technical account manager too.

We invested in SecureChange to do automated workloads. When we deployed SecureChange, part of it was to automate our workloads to have more time to do more things, like making the ticketing process shorter.

Firewall rule changes went from a week and a half to around three and a half days.

We have not recently evaluated any new solutions.

What other advice do I have?

Tufin is not perfect, but it's really good.

Make sure you know your environment well. Tufin will help with knowing the firewall rules, but be well-documented before you start with your security policies.

The approval process is a lot more automated, but the implementation process didn't change.

We don't use Tufin in the cloud yet.

We don't have compliance mandates.

See how Tufin can simplify your network security management

Find out how automation and orchestration of security policy management can help you increase agility and efficiency, while reducing risks and ensuring compliance and audit readiness. Request a Tufin demo today.