Tufin Review

Comparing the rules and policy browser is valuable, but having to enter the password each time for each firewall is annoying

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is firewall analysis.

We use SecureTrack, which is great.

How has it helped my organization?

The solution has helped us to meet our compliance mandates. We have to be PCI and SOX compliant. Some of these rules and systems might meet those requirements. Knowing which system can talk with which system is definitely helpful in that sense.

This solution has helped us reduce the time it takes to make changes.

What is most valuable?

Comparing the rules and policy browser is valuable to me. It gives me the ability to pull running configs and be able to analyze them without having to go directly into the firewall.

The visibility is great.

What needs improvement?

When you make changes, you have to enter the password each time for each firewall. This is sort of annoying.

They are sort of at the pilot stage on some of their products. I saw the Orca and Iris products yesterday. My initial impression of these products were that they were good products, but I felt like some of their features overlapped with SecureTrack and SecureChange, which they are already doing. So, I just wondered what direction they're going in? I understand that they are cloud products, but are these security products going to overlap each other's features at some point? This is my initial concern.

I just opened the tool about four weeks ago.

It is very stable.

It seems pretty scalable. From what I have seen in the training, you can use it on multiple firewalls. It seems like a solution which was built for very large enterprise level networks.

I haven't dealt with the technical support yet.

What other advice do I have?

If you want to be able to manage your firewalls efficiently and securely, then use Tufin.

It is a pretty solid solution. As with any security solution, I think is it is growing. It seems like it is at a good point. It could still use some work, but it's growing, and that's good.

We saw in the training yesterday the changes for part of SecureTrack 2.0, which isn't out yet. Those changes, that they will be implementing, look very good from what I can see.

See how Tufin can simplify your network security management

Find out how automation and orchestration of security policy management can help you increase agility and efficiency, while reducing risks and ensuring compliance and audit readiness. Request a Tufin demo today.