Tufin Review

Every change is tracked down to the person and time

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is automation.

We are using the latest version.

How has it helped my organization?

We find that the change workflow process is flexible and customizable. If we want to change approvers, that is very easy. If we wanted to add a step or get rid of a step, this is easily customizable.

We are using the visibility with notifications on every firewall change and what those changes were. We have visibility to see who is making the changes, and when. This is the biggest thing because we are underutilizing the product right now.

This solution has helped us meet our compliance mandates. Everything is all auditable. Every change is tracked down to the person and time.

What is most valuable?

The auditing is a valuable feature. We can be audited, because it has the ability for approvals to be set up and to put in policies. It is all automated.

We bought it about a year ago, but we have been doing other projects. We haven't fully implemented it.

So far, the stability is good.

With scalability, we are going to run into some issues. We have been talking about converting over to actual hardware as opposed to virtual. Therefore, I don't think we are scalable at this time, especially with the updates coming. I'm told that they're going to need a lot more horsepower to push them.

As far as scalability, it is great for adding network objects and so on.

i have not talked to technical support.

As we start to dive in, I'll be reaching out to the customer success team.

The initial setup was straightforward. We did it in three days.

We used a reseller for the deployment. They were very good.

There was one other solution that we evaluated, but it didn't stack up. Tufin was the best solution.

What other advice do I have?

Everything is good right now.

Reach out to whoever does your implementation and support. Ask as many questions as you can and do research.

We haven't got to the point where we've used the solution to clean our firewall policies yet. That is the next phase.

This solution won't help us ensure that our security policy is followed across our entire hybrid network until the next stage.

We're not in the cloud.

See how Tufin can simplify your network security management

Find out how automation and orchestration of security policy management can help you increase agility and efficiency, while reducing risks and ensuring compliance and audit readiness. Request a Tufin demo today.