Tufin Review

Improves visibility, saves time, and assists with compliance

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for recertifying connections, application-based automation, and compliance with regulations.

How has it helped my organization?

The workflows save time and speed up the authorization processes for applications. For network operators, it enhanced visibility. For application operators, it increased knowledge of dependencies and also provided them with impact awareness.

What is most valuable?

Before this solution, we used Excel sheets. This approach did not provide ways to filter the options for implementing changes. The filtering of lots of criteria is very valuable.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see more configuration options on next-generation firewalls, defining possible standards for devices.

We have been using this solution for more than three years.

The tool is highly reliable.

We have not run into limitations around scalability. Depending on the devices, it is better to have a sizing discussion with the sales engineer.

In the beginning, we did not have a dedicated support handler and it caused some issues because the service requests were interrelated. When we later obtained a central contact in support, it improved the handling.

Prior to this solution, we used Excel and firewall vendor consoles.

The initial setup was fairly complex because of the agreement with the network provider.

We implemented this solution in-house with the support of Tufin Professional Services.

I suggest talking with Tufin about the flexibility of the pricing structure.

We did not perform our own evaluation. However, one of the daughter companies evaluated multiple products (Tufin, FireMon, and AlgoSec) and selected Tufin. We relied on their research.

What other advice do I have?

Implementing the tool is easy, but introducing the changes within the company can be challenging.

See it in Action