Turbonomic Review

Helped to “right size” productions server environment. We now can do more with less.

What is most valuable?

Smart Analytics to determine environment efficiency.

How has it helped my organization?

What needs improvement?

Dashboard view could be improved.

3 years.

No issues with deployment.

Had 1 issue during a service pack that required me to redeploy and lose all previous history.

No issues with scalability.

On a scale of 1-10 I would say 8.

On a scale of 1-10 I would say 8.

VCOPS by vmware. Switched because Vmturbo was able to give us the reporting, planning, and migrations more easily and at a huge savings.

The initial setup was straightforward. You deploy an appliance, give it the normal basic configs (IP, Subnet, Name) then wait a few hours and you start having data to act on.

In-house.

ROI was 3 months. Could have been less if we would have acted on the recommendations earlier.

VCOPS, Veeam, Solarwinds.

What other advice do I have?

Test the product give it a few days try it. You will see that it is well worth the investment.

More Turbonomic reviews from users
2 Comments

author avatarChris Childerhose
ExpertTop 5Real User

If you need to keep history and other things when deploying because of issues there is a URL that will allow you to create a Full Backup of the appliance which includes this data and then you can restore it also after deployment. Go to - http://appliance name or IP/update.html. Log in with Administrator credentials and hold down the CTRL key when clicking the Authenticate button. This will bring up the Expert Mode features and one is "Full Backup" which is EVERYTHING. You can then use the same URL and login method for the redeployed appliance to restore.

author avatarit_user542331 (IT Team Leader EMEA at a tech vendor with 501-1,000 employees)

The VMTurbo Operation Manager is a great added value to our company. It enables you not only to monitor your virtual environment but also automate proposed adjustments to the environment. We have been using this product for about 2 years now and we think it rocks. Its like having 2 extra hands and a companion looking over your shoulder. Saves me a lot of time!