Turbonomic Review

Forecasting allows you to forecast and simulate new environments. I can add new hardware, test and predict how our investment will impact our performance.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature for us is the feature which allows Forecasting. Forecasting allows you to forecast and simulate new environments so you can decide what to add to your environment and what won't work. Looking to add Cisco nodes, for example, I can add new hardware and test and predict how our investment will impact our performance.

How has it helped my organization?

The direct impact is that we decided to expand our platform and I needed specific numbers to see how a specific node would impact our environment, we were able to get specific reporting. That’s direct ROI. The feature that allows you to optimize and distribute your loads according to the balance of your “sweet point,” balancing your load against your compute is very valuable for decision making.

What needs improvement?

I think that the interface can use some modernizing and less abrupt transitions. There has already been a good attempt but need to dig deeper.

We have been using the solution for one year.

No, it was great.

No issues with stability.

They are very responsive.

They are great - very responsive.

We have tried other solution, VCOPS as well as Virtual Instruments. VMTurbo was unique – other products were not as complete a match.

Initial setup was straightforward.

Price is a little bit steep – if you have a targeted project, then its worth it, otherwise ongoing costs can be a little steep.

What other advice do I have?

Understand the product and what it does, it falls into a little bit of a luxury tool, know how they approach the problem and you have to know your platform. This is not the kind of thing you buy off the shelf.