Turbonomic Review

What is our primary use case?

Turbonomic keeps our cluster balanced and VMs running optimally. It shows us where in our environment that resources can be recovered as well as when extra is needed.

How has it helped my organization?

Monthly reporting is more detailed now and we can see where improvements can be made within the environment.

What is most valuable?

The ability to automate moving of VMs, Capacity Planning and Reporting have been invaluable to our monthly reporting.

What needs improvement?

None at the moment.  The product is improving with each release and the new HTML5 interface is great.  Would like to see the ability to move custom dashboards from the old interface to the new as that is not possible right now.

Three to five years.

Product has been very stable and updating works very well.

No issues with scalability as the VM when deployed is provisioned well for your environment.

Customer Service/Sales I would rate as 10 out of 10. Sales was tremendous in helping me sell the solution to Management for purchasing.

Technical Support has not been engaged as of yet.

Other solutions were evaluated during this time, but nothing was being used.

Setup is very straightforward and you have data within hours, not days or weeks.

It was implemented in-house by myself.

ROI will be approximately six months once we receive our license for the full product.

Contact Sales about pricing and licensing as they will work with you on the best solution.

Yes, other solutions were evaluated: vCOPS, Uila, and Opvizor.

What other advice do I have?

The sales team was amazing in helping put together a slide deck for me to sell the solution to Management and also were able to negotiate pricing within our budget to help get us on-board.

1 Comment
Chris ChilderhoseReal UserTOP REVIEWERELITE SQUAD

Nice review. We too use Turbonomic in our environment for automation machine moves mainly. I also use it extensively for the Planning module when projects come up requiring more VM additions to the environment. It let's me see a report in minutes versus days with the old spreadsheet method. Great product and support all around.

15 June 18