Turbonomic Review

How has it helped my organization?

We first pursued the product some years back for it's capacity planning tools but we find the continuous analysis the most useful. We can spin up new servers without a full understanding of workload values and then keep tabs on it and make adjustments as needed.

What needs improvement?

We found that if we didn't keep up with some incremental version updates, the required jump to the next version required a complete re-deploy from an image. That's avoidable by keeping up with the incremental updates.

4 years

None.

It's been very reliable.

Not applicable.

Excellent. We largely don't have to touch the product which has lead to us missing out on an occasional feature. Our rep has met with us from time to time specifically to go over things we might be missing. Very handy.

We've had excellent support including some help with getting the most out of the product. We tended to *need* a small portion of what the product can do. That can lead to missing out on neat things it *can* do, and our rep/support helped to point some of these things out for us.

Initial spinup is simple from an image, with some configuration help from support at the time of implementation.

In house.

While our VM clusters are small anyway, it does let us optimize available resources at a per-VM level and keep the cluster small. We are fairly dense (VM:host ratio) and Turbonomic allows for this.

More Turbonomic reviews from users