Turbonomic Review

With running as thin as we do, this product has simplified the decision making process for maintaining and managing the environment.

What is most valuable?

Ease of navigation throughout the interface.  It is smooth and seamless with very little to no latency when moving between screens and objects.

How has it helped my organization?

As a small organization I am solely responsible for the server/storage environment. With running as lean as we do, this product has simplified the decision making process for maintaining and managing the environment.  Decisions can be made much faster as data is in front of us that is up to date and on demand.

What needs improvement?

The only areas that I believe could be improved are more built in reporting for monthly/yearly benchmarking from an executive standpoint.  For example, a report that can be used as a metric to show the overall stability of the environment from a weekly/monthly/yearly perspective such as utilization index to verify that we are using resources as efficiently as possible.

I have been using this solutions for around 9 months.

No, with the virtual appliance that can be deployed from an OVF template.  I think I was looking at the interface within a few minutes of deployment.  Just beware it does take some time to gather data that can be analyzed.

We haven't had any issues with stability.  It has thus far been very stable.

The customer service is fantastic.  I needed a custom report template built and it wasn't available on their GreenCircle support page, so they custom built a query and had it back to me within a few hours.

I evaluated a slew of solutions and Turbonomic (then VMTurbo) was heads and tails above the competition.

In-house.

Well worth the investment!

More Turbonomic reviews from users