Turbonomic Review

The ability to group VMs together to provide service or department picture of their infrastructure is great.

What is most valuable?

The planner feature is my favourite. It lets you had VMs change host RAM capacity, change IOP and NT throughput requirements, basically any scenario that an infrastructure team may get asked about by management.

How has it helped my organization?

Assurance spread of resources over our cluster and to right size VMs.

What needs improvement?

Due to the planner features breath of scenarios it can be a little confusing to get the right result for the scenario you need. However their are lots of videos for this and support were most helpful.

An agreement with Pernix would be helpful.

2 years

None.

Never.

None.

Excellent. They have teams dedicated to helping their customers get the most from the product.

Excellent.

Very straightforward.

In house team.

12 months - due to our conservative nature we did not turn on automation at the beginning, and the planning feature was only used during project planning phases.

vCOPS and VKernel - both were traditional monitoring tools, that are reactive, whereas VMTurbo is proactive.

More Turbonomic reviews from users