Turbonomic Review

Its support quality is what all support organizations should aspire to achieve

What is most valuable?

Assure Service Performance.

How has it helped my organization?

Right-sizing and right-balancing VMs and hosts used to be an ongoing, tedious, and time consuming effort. With Turbonomic, it does that work for me so I can focus my attention on other priorities.

What needs improvement?

Interface and navigation can be a challenge if you do not spend a lot of time with it. Creating policies is a bit intimidating and clunky, but that may be on me, because I have not spent much time in the deep end. To Turbonomic's credit, it does what I need it to do with minimal involvement or attention on my part. I am aware that its capabilities are much greater than what I am taking advantage of.

Since April 2013.

Deployment could not have be easier.

There were a couple issues with some upgrades, but support is excellent, and any issues were resolved by very skilled techs. Because of the nature of the appliance, there was no effect on my production environment.

Excellent. I am noticing quality support seems to be getting harder to come by. Turbonomic's support quality is what all support organizations should aspire to achieve.

The previous "solution" was mostly just guess-work in evaluating vCenter metrics.

Initial setup was very straightforward. At least getting the appliance up and running and connected to vCenter. Fortunately, support was excellent and provided some hand-holding in the initial configuration, and it has been pretty much set-it-and-forget-it since.

In-house, with the help of support for configuration.

Not quantified.

VMware Operations Manager. Like most things VMware, it is too pricey.