Turbonomic Review

We have rebalanced our storage platform improving performance and capacity use across hosts and storage

What is most valuable?

We have found the automation for moving VMs optimally to be much better than VMware DRS. We have also rebalanced our storage platform using the recommended storage moves. This has improved performance and capacity use across hosts and storage.

Cluster Capacity Dashboards have been a huge benefit towards capacity planning and scaleout reviews

The planner element of the product is fantastic for host replacement planning and allowing the rightsizing of our disaster recovery (DR) provisioning.

How has it helped my organization?

We now have a more robust capacity request process within the department, and over the past 18 months, we have put on hold a scale out of physical hosts at both our primary datacenter and DR. This has saved the trust 1000s in new hosts and more than paid for the solution many times over.

What needs improvement?

The planner can be complex to complete.

Three years.

Excellent.

Excellent.

SolarWinds Virtualization Manager was our previous product. This solution was slow, overly complex and its impact limited in terms of what it was capable of doing.

Very straightforward and the technical team walked us through all we needed to configure.

In-house, as it was very straightforward.

This year, we have probably saved around £24,000 on new host scaleouts.

We pay a subscription model, which more than pays for itself each year.

Yes, we used SolarWinds Virtualization Manager.

What other advice do I have?

As a manager of a large complex critical healthcare infrastructure, this product has been a huge benefit to me and my team. It is the go to solution for troubleshooting and decision-making regarding our VMware-based datacenters.