Turbonomic Review

It has freed up space on our VMware hosts to allow optimized utilization of our resources.

What is most valuable?

Automated sizing and moves for VMs based on real-time usage statistics.

Capacity planning for purchasing new hardware.

How has it helped my organization?

What needs improvement?

The only area of improvement that I can think of is re-sizing recommendations are not able to be based upon working hours of a day or typical load times. So you have a VM that gets pounded from 7am - 4pm, but then pretty much goes dormant. Turbonomic makes its recommendation over a 24-hour period, not during time windows you can specify. You do, however, have the option to restrict automated resizing actions within a certain window (so Turbonomic doesn't resize during peak times). I just wish there was a way to base resizing recommendations during a snapshot window instead of a 24-hour period.

Two years and just renewed for a third.

No issues at all, was pretty straightforward to get up and running. Plus the support team was nothing short of excellent!

No issues at all.

None.

10-plus. Everyone at Turbonomic we've worked with has been top-notch and extremely knowledgeable about their product.

10-plus, same as above!

No we did not. Found Turbonomic at a conference and was impressed with their solution and ran with it.

Straightforward, extremely user friendly.

In-house.

I don't have a dollar number handily available, but as mentioned before it has definitely freed up server resources, giving us space back on our hosts.

Reach out to the Turbonomic team directly and work with your local rep so that you can get the best solution/pricing available to you.

We didn't evaluate any other vendors.

What other advice do I have?

If you're looking for a solution to give you a deeper dive into how your VM environment is being utilized and to provide some optimization; then you can't go wrong with Turbonomic!

More Turbonomic reviews from users