Turbonomic Review

We utilized the Plan View to understand our hardware requirements

What is most valuable?

• Improving the overall efficiency of the dashboard.
  • Plan View
  • Environmental Health Chart

How has it helped my organization?

We utilized the Plan View to understand our hardware requirements. When we replaced our old hardware with the new hardware in our datacenters, we were able to more accurately predict our needs, then with the old rule of thumb method.

What needs improvement?

We have two Turbonomic sites set up and use an aggregator to provide an overview of them. The biggest suggestion that I could make is for the changes in the aggregator to be imported into the Turbonomic sites. Currently, we make the change at one site, then the second site keeps our environment on an equal basis.

We have used Turbonomic for over two and a half years.

No, there have never been any issues in deployment.

Early on in our PoC, we encountered issues, where some of our VMGuests failed to have their information log correctly. That was a number of versions ago and we have not experienced the issue since.

The only issue we have had with scalability is that the sites are not integrated into the aggregator. We need to update each site individually and cannot export or import the changes, and need to do double duty to maintain a level playing field in multiple environments.

Excellent.

Excellent.

We did not have a previous solution.

The initial setup was very straightforward.

A vendor team who was excellent.

What other advice do I have?

Turbonomic has provided us an automagic optimization of our environment from an operational point of view. I am not sure if we could have as easily setup the same functionality from vROps or on such a granular level.