Turbonomic Review

The features most valuable are seeing over allocations and being able to automatically make changes.

What is most valuable?

The features most valuable are seeing over allocations, being able to automatically make changes, and determining how much new VMs would allocate resources.

How has it helped my organization?

Basically if there were issues with our VMs, which account for 95% of our environment, we had to wait until one of the techs would look and react to the issue. We can set up triggers to automatically handle these issues before they get any worse.

What needs improvement?

Like any software I use, I'm looking for the least amount of clicking needed to get to places. If I need to click 10 different windows to get a report, I'm done with the software. This software is very good with this, but there could always be improvements.

We have been using it for about six to eight months now.

Deployment was very easy but I advise reading the manual.

No issue with stability.

We've had no issues with scalability yet.

Customer service is very good. They are knowledgeable about the product. If they don't have the answer they will get someone who has it.

I have no complaints about tech support.

I did use something else and I was able to get the information I was looking for. If the data I'm looking for is 15 windows away, there's no way I'm using it.

If you are familiar with the VM product you're using, then setup shouldn't be a problem.

We went through in-house. Their knowledge was very good.

Less downtime due to small issues becoming big because we didn't see them. Also, the VMs are running at their optimal performance.

Pricing is a little on the high side but you get what you pay for.

I looked at some others but would like not to put names out there. Just know we though this was the best solution.

What other advice do I have?

This is not a set it and forget product. You will have to look at what is going on and have a plan.

More Turbonomic reviews from users