Turbonomic Review

Gives us a good idea of the hardware specs we will need for future expansion

What is most valuable?

• Assure service performance
  • Policy/automation
  • Plan/capacity planning
  • Application module
  • Network module

How has it helped my organization?

Assure Service Performance: This feature is useful, because it gives us insightful information (similar to ESXTOP, but minus all the analysis) about a virtual machine (VM), whether it is over-provisioned or under-provisioned. The recommendations help us maintain a well-balanced virtual environment.

Policy/Automation: We set up a policy of automatically adding more vCPUs to the VMs based on Turbonomic's recommendation and continuous monitoring. This feature serves a dual-purpose for us: alleviate administrative tasks for our sysadmins and help maintain the highest performance in our VMs.

Plan: It is a great tool for capacity planning. It helps to eliminate all the guesses and gives us a good idea of the hardware specs we will need for future expansion.

Application/Network Module: Another great features that we use in our environment to help autoscale our application servers, so they are performing smoothly and fluidly with minimal intervention.

What needs improvement?

It would be helpful to have the option to display the target(s) by their host name instead of their IP address. Also, hopefully Turbonomic will continue to increase supports for more target types (vendors).

For me, a bit over a year. However, our team has been using it for years.

It has been a while, and I forgot. If there were any issues, they were probably very minimal. Otherwise, it was pretty straightforward.

Nothing so far.

It has been excellent.

It has been excellent.

We were using both Veeam and VMTurbo at one point, but it was management's decision to go with VMTurbo.

It wasn't too complex.

Vendor team. They were knowledgeable and the deployment was pretty smooth.

Not applicable.