Turbonomic Review

What is most valuable?

Workload placement. The "financial" idea works very well, and has allowed us to reduce our infrastructure footprint significantly without impacting performance.

What needs improvement?

I seem to find a new bug with each new version. It's software, so I can understand, but I think the QA process needs improved.

Approximately two years.

No issues with deployment.

No stability issues.

Not yet.

I've been impressed with the customer service team's desire to help and keep things smooth.

Technical support is excellent. The support crew work very hard to ensure that we have what we need, from basic information and support, to getting custom SQL queries written.

We previously used Reflex/StrataCloud. We moved for the ease of use and the workload placement functionality.

Initial setup was performed by a teammate who has moved on, but as I recall, it was a straightforward process.

In-house.

I'm not able to speak to this. I don't have the financial data to determine a real ROI. I don't believe it's been as high as the sales team initially claimed it would be, but that's at least partly due to our environments. It's not easy to make rightsizing decisions in an environment where applications may not always be running on a box.

Take the time to evaluate the complete suite. The base package does a lot, but there are several modules that make the product more complete end to end, and are at least worth investigating.

We did not. The teammate mentioned previously had used the product in a prior role and was able to convince the required parties of the tool's value.

More Turbonomic reviews from users