Turbonomic Review

It gives us insight and assurance that we are meeting operational targets.

What is most valuable?

Not having to dig through any event logs, alerts or performance logs within the vSphere clients and instead getting direct recommendations from Turbonomic is wonderful.

How has it helped my organization?

While none of our VMs are highly transactional, good performance 24/7 is needed in the healthcare realm. Turbonomic gives us insight and assurance that we are meeting operational targets.

What needs improvement?

The old interface looks a bit dated and the new one does not seem to have all the information the old one has (which is why I use the old one). It can take me a bit of searching to find the endpoint I want to analyze further.

Also, more/better alerts would be useful, e.g. when action is warranted where automatic operations have not been enabled.

Two years.

None.

When upgrading prior versions, I sometimes lost prior performance data. Even support was not able to retrieve it. It was not that critical at the time, but frustrating nonetheless. That being said, recent updates have not resulted in any data loss.

Customer service is very good and the wait times are minimal.

Technical support is very good and the wait times are minimal.

Initial setup is as easy as you would want. Simply deploy the OVA and point it to vCenter.

Implemented on my own.

I cannot quantify ROI at this time, but can attest to the many hours saved in virtual maintenance and the number of times we've been able to conclusively show optimal performance under given environments.

It's by no means a cheap product, but worth the investment.

We had been using VMware's ESXi Enterprise Plus with all of its features, including DRS and HA. Turbonomic simply fit the bill when we looked at it.

What other advice do I have?

More Turbonomic reviews from users