Turbonomic Review

We now have a perfectly balanced load across our clustered hosts.

What is most valuable?

I'm primarily using Turbo for rightsizing VMs and to prove to application owners that the software vendor's system requirements for reserving huge amounts of resources aren't necessary.

How has it helped my organization?

With VMware's DRS aggressiveness turned down and allowing Turbo to manage the load, we now have a perfectly balanced load across our clustered hosts. These could otherwise easily be off by as much as 30-40%, even on the very aggressive settings in VMware before Turbo.

What needs improvement?

The reporting module has very big potential, but really lacks predefined reports for all kinds of purposes. I often find that the report I need doesn't exist, even though I know the data for it is available.

One and a half years.

No issues. Even upgraded to the new CentOS appliance and went through backup and restore of the database without any issues along the way.

It's best used in a clustered environment, and a bit cumbersome to maneuver around in when installed in a single host environment.

Excellent!

Excellent!

I have had several WebEx sessions where their techs very professionally addressed some questions or issues I had.

It has saved us from purchasing new hardware in four regional offices and had us extend the service for two years, instead of buying new servers (HPE Gen8 and Gen9 servers running on fifth year). It has easily returned the investment we made in purchasing Turbo.

More Turbonomic reviews from users