Turbonomic Review

Its ability to scale up and down on demand allows for maximum cost efficiency

What is our primary use case?

Turbonomic provides insight and recommendations into our Azure cloud configurations designed to allow optimum efficiency and cost. By analyzing the load on demand, the product can sense when more resources are needed as well as when resources are being wasted.

How has it helped my organization?

In the first month, we ran this as a POC. It saved us over 5k a month in costs by implementing its recommendations. The product continues to save us money but constantly updating its pricing files from Azure with current promotions and regional costs.

What is most valuable?

Its ability to scale up and down on demand allows for maximum cost efficiency. By dynamically analyzing our loads, the product can sense if resources need to be adjusted. It can also tell if another configuration of the same power would be cheaper in another region.

What needs improvement?

• More Azure features are needed. They started with AWS and are now ramping up Azure features.
  • We would like to see more visibility into reserved instances in Azure.

Less than one year.

Yes, Azure Advisor. It did not do a good job as regards memory utilization but concentrated more on processor consumption.

Make sure you do a POC first so you can see the benefit this product will bring.

What other advice do I have?

Wonderful account team and support. Training is exceptionally thorough.