Tyk Review

Enables us to manage our security and offers us all of the functionalities to manage our APIs

What is our primary use case?

I am a back and front end developer and I have a great experience with Tyk Management. We mainly use it to manage our APIs. We have API introductions for our customers.

What is most valuable?

The feature I find most valuable is that this solution allows us to manage our security.
I like that it is open-source and that we can expand it in the future. We also have all the functionalities to manage our APIs. I like that I can manage the dashboard and that the solution offers the possibility of managing our gateways and security.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see some additional features like having some extensions for .NET core because we use it for our back-end language.

I've been using this solution for almost a year now as tech leader and developer.

Up to now the solution has been very stable.

We have used our own API management system in the past, but we decided to switch to Tyk.

The initial setup was very easy and we have organized the information for our developers to make it easier for them. So now we have everything managed already so that is easy for one to understand. The deployment took about three weeks.

We currently have three engineers who are responsible for the deployment and management of Tyk. We might add two or three more engineers in the future.

What other advice do I have?

I will rate this solution a nine out of ten. If they add extensions for back-end development, I will give a rating of ten.

More Tyk reviews from users
...who compared it with IBM API Connect
Find out what your peers are saying about Tyk, Google, WSO2 and others in API Management. Updated: January 2021.
457,209 professionals have used our research since 2012.