What is our primary use case?
WiFi for our home office and client sites as well.
What is most valuable?
The solution is easy to configure, low cost, and reliable. I do not have to worry about maintenance once the solution is set up, other than updates.
How has it helped my organization?
Though we use the solution internally, we mainly install the solution for clients. My clients have been very happy.
What needs improvement?
Support has gotten much better. The main support is community based. They need to consider offering an enterprise level support for corporate clients that demand this from their other vendors.
For how long have I used the solution?
I have used this solution for four years.
What was my experience with deployment of the solution?
What do I think about the stability of the solution?
I have not encountered any issues with stability.
What do I think about the scalability of the solution?
I have not encountered any issues with scalability.
How is customer service and technical support?
Email support is slow. Community support is good, but it can be spotty.
Which solutions did we use previously?
I switched to this solution due to the cost of other solutions.
How was the initial setup?
The initial setup was very simple and it did not require advanced training.
What's my experience with pricing, setup cost, and licensing?
This solution is low cost and it has a simple cost structure with no recurring fees.
Which other solutions did I evaluate?
My clients always evaluate other options, such as Cisco, Meraki, Aruba, Aerohive, and others.
What other advice do I have?
- Read the documentation.
- Understand that there is not a centralized controller required.
- Realize that it is not “Cisco,” but you are also not paying at that level.
- Engage someone that knows how to design a WiFi solution and can conduct a true pre-install survey and post-install survey.
- Get someone who uses tools like AirMagnet or Ekahau to do the survey, not someone walking around with good phone reading signal strength who guesses.
- If you invest in the survey and the good design, you will still save money over any other solution on the market.
Disclosure: I am a real user, and this review is based on my own experience and opinions.
Nov 13 2017