Ubiquiti UniFi Switches Review

Reasonably priced, but sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't

What is our primary use case?

We use Ubiquiti UniFi Switches for our Wi-Fi solution to support wireless devices.

What is most valuable?

This product is very reasonably priced.

I have not found any of the technical features to be particularly valuable.

What needs improvement?

The management of this product needs to be improved.

Cloud-based management would be a helpful feature.

I would like to be able to customize the SSID.

For now, I'm not able to manage my device via the Application installed on my server. I'm not able to manage the devices (lost of connection with the devices).

The installation is more a familial installation instead of a professional installation.

Need to be improve on my company side.

My company has been using these switches for about one year, but I have only been working with them for three months.

Sometimes this solution works, and sometimes it doesn't. What I have found is that for two access points, it seems to be stable. Beyond that, with three or four access points, it doesn't work.

We have 10 sites that use these switches. In my site, we have 20 users but they are not all connected via Wi-Fi. Some are instead connected using an ethernet cable.

In some sites, they have between 20 and 30 staff, and maybe 50% or 60% of them use Wi-Fi. Most of our devices are Android tablets. Also, some of the clients connect to the Wi-Fi as well.

It works well for small companies with open space. However, it is not viable for businesses with 500 or more people.

I have not been in contact with technical support.

Prior to Ubiquiti UniFi, we did not use another Wi-Fi switch.

The implementation was completed by the IT staff before me.

I don't know for now.

The price is very low and a good approach for a smaller company, with 10 to 15 people.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a five out of ten.

More Ubiquiti UniFi Switches reviews from users
...who work at a Manufacturing Company
...who compared it with Cisco Ethernet Switches
Learn what your peers think about Ubiquiti UniFi Switches. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
513,091 professionals have used our research since 2012.