Ubiquiti UniFi Switches Review

Easy to install with a reasonable cost and good stability

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution as a bridge to extend our LAN.

What is most valuable?

The solution is very good for expanding our LAN.

The product has proven itself to be stable.

The scalability is very good.

The installation itself is very easy.

I haven't found the cost of the solution to be too high.

What needs improvement?

Given that it has a portal, which is online, if it can be accessed remotely that would be ideal. If they can add that feature or if there is that feature, they need to make it public.

I'd like there to be better reporting for the solution.

I've used the solution for a couple of years at this point.

The stability is very good. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable in terms of the performance on offer.

The product is scalable. There are no issues if a company needs to expand it.

We have 30 people using Ubiquiti Switches in our organization.

We do plan to continue to use them.

I've never directly dealt with technical support. There hasn't been an issue that has required us to reach out. Therefore, I can't speak to how helpful or responsive they are in general.

The installation process is pretty straightforward. it's not overly complex or difficult.

Our local supplier in Zimbabwe is the one who has been doing all these configurations for me, however, the implementation is not that difficult. You can just use a manual to configure it. It's not much of a hassle. It's more like a plug-and-play solution. I am also using the wifi distribution access point. They are not a challenge at all. It took me less than five minutes.

We have a local supplier that has done our configurations. However, at this point, I have acquired enough knowledge to be able to do it by myself.

For what I'm using Ubiquiti for, there hasn't been any need for licenses as it's more like a plug-and-play setup. I'm just using a portal, which is free as well. There hasn't been much cost involved in using the solution.

What other advice do I have?

We are a customer and end-user. We don't have a business relationship with Ubiquiti.

I'm using the latest version of the solution at this time. I cannot speak to the exact version number.

I'd rate the solution at a nine out of ten overall.

I would definitely recommend the product to other users and companies.

More Ubiquiti UniFi Switches reviews from users
...who work at a Manufacturing Company
...who compared it with Cisco Ethernet Switches
Learn what your peers think about Ubiquiti UniFi Switches. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
509,570 professionals have used our research since 2012.