Ubiquiti UniFi Switches Review

The centralized management is very good and it is easy to set up

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of this solution is to support our users by providing internet services and university academic system software resources.

What is most valuable?

I like the control one has with this solution; you manage everything from one central point. Everything including the devices and the switches. So the centralized management is one thing that I really like about Ubiquiti.

I have been using Ubiquiti UniFi Switches for three months now.

I've been using the solution for three months only, so I can't say if it is stable or not. But I've had no glitches or bugs so far.

The Ubiquiti switches are my access switches. I use Cisco for my edge and I wanted to see if I can have some copying prototypes to so that I wouldn't have problems in the design. I'm yet to do that, if I can have a common configuration that's compatible with the Cisco switches for the core and for the distribution and then Ubiquity for the access. But I can't comment much on it yet.

I'm still using Cisco, but I switched to Ubiquity for the access because I want to leverage on the price tag on Ubiquity.

The setup was straightforward. So far working on the solution has been a learning curve. I'm in Ghana and there's no training center here, so I learn by using the online tutorials.

A vendor came to deploy the solution for me.

Yes, we have evaluated Tradenet, D-link, Huawei and Cisco too.

What other advice do I have?

I will rate this solution an eight out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud