Ubiquiti UniFi Switches Review

Manages firmware revisions and we haven't had any outages

What is our primary use case?

We are a customer of Ubiquiti. The key for us is the switch. The edge with the core switch, servicing office environments. I believe we use the US-48 and US-24, with a 10 gig with the SFP+ port. We have about 200 deployments scheduled for the next few weeks, so I'd say in total we will have 200 to 300 people involved and we plan to increase usage.

What is most valuable?

The ability to manage firmware revisions is probably the most valuable feature.

What needs improvement?

The management console could be improved, It's very, very slow. In the next release, I'd like to see some amalgamation of the two different consoles. I believe it's difficult to manage both the WiFi on the edge switches in the same console. Some more SFP+ ports would also be helpful. They should also try lowering the price of cloud management, it's mostly about management. If you can manage it quickly, and it's a little more cost-effective to manage it in the cloud, that would be a big improvement.

I've been using the product for six months.

The stability so far has been very good. No downtime, no outages.

It's a scalable solution but the limit on the number of 10 gig ports was an issue.

Our technical support is carried out through a third party so I haven't had any experience with that.

The company previously has another solution but I wasn't involved with that. I was responsible for the company switching to UniFi.

The setup was straightforward and deployment took about three weeks. We used a consultant for the process and were very satisfied.

We haven't had to pay any licensing costs at all.

What other advice do I have?

Something people need to look out for is the cost of cloud management. For us, that's been handled externally at the moment, so we're not actually paying for that directly. It's something people should consider with Ubiquiti.

I would rate this product an eight out of 10.