Ubiquiti Wireless Review

A reliable and cost-effective wireless solution

What is our primary use case?

We mostly use Ubiquiti Wireless for small business wireless solutions.

What is most valuable?

I like the price, quality, and consistency of manufacturing.

What needs improvement?

Tech support is mostly remote and could be better.

When you need to get into certain different levels of configuration, you'll need to understand the network a little better. It can get a little complicated with their higher-end gear.

I have been using Ubiquiti for about five years.

Ubiquiti Wireless is stable. I'm unaware of any issues at this point.

Ubiquiti Wireless is very easy to scale.

Tech support is alright. They do get back to you within a certain timeframe, but their tech support is not via phones. It's mostly remote. I prefer phone support, but it depends on where they're based. Whether or not there's a language barrier, whether they're fully up to speed with the actual product itself.

Numerous vendors decided to shift their support to a third-party company, within the country or out of the country. But they don't train them properly, and then you run into problems.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give Ubiquiti technical support an eight.

We used a number of different applications, specifically Cisco, in the prior years. We switched because of the cost and quality.

It depends. You can have a standard access point, which is very simple to install. It requires minimal configuration, depending on the typology of the customer. Or you could get into some of their higher-end gear, which could take two to three days to configure correctly.

Ubiquiti Wireless is affordable.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise potential users of Ubiquiti Wireless to first purchase a couple of pieces and try them. They'll be happy.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give Ubiquiti Wireless a nine.

More Ubiquiti Wireless reviews from users
...who work at a Energy/Utilities Company
...who compared it with Cisco Wireless WAN
Learn what your peers think about Ubiquiti Wireless. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
512,711 professionals have used our research since 2012.