Ubiquiti Wireless Review

Easy to install and maintain, good for point-to-point linking

What is our primary use case?

We use Ubiquiti for point-to-point linking. We don't use it for Wi-Fi, we use it for point links and backward links.

We are resellers of Ubiquiti and we install it for our clients.

What needs improvement?

When you compare with Mikrotik, Mikrotik is more stable than Ubiquiti because they have their own protocols. They have two protocols, proprietary protocols, and CDMA protocols. Mikrotik only uses CDMA protocols.

I would like local support from the parent company.

I have been using Ubiquiti Wireless for years and we are using the latest version.

It's a stable solution but Mikrotik offers more stability.

It's a scalable product. The scalable range is from five kilometers to forty kilometers.

Depending on the model, if we are providing Mbps, we are using a higher-end model of Ubiquiti and Mikrotik for users.

There is no technical support by parent companies. In India, there is only the import product. There is no channel or distributor of Ubiquiti or Mikrotik.

They should have local support available.

We use wireless products such as Cambium and Mikrotik.

Ubiquiti is easier to install than Mikrotik.

You can install Ubiquiti in 30 minutes, and Mikrotik will take two hours.

Ubiquiti doesn't present any issues for our engineers to maintain but Mikrotik is a bit more complicated.

What other advice do I have?

We have plans to continue selling this solution.

I would recommend Ubiquiti, but my preference would be Mikrotik and that is the one that I recommend.

I would rate Ubiquiti an eight out of ten.

More Ubiquiti Wireless reviews from users
...who compared it with Cisco Wireless WAN
Learn what your peers think about Ubiquiti Wireless. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
512,221 professionals have used our research since 2012.