Ubuntu Linux Review

It's a very stable, quality OS, but big changes are in store from the Unity7 environment to Unity8.

Valuable Features

The OS functionalities, stability, security and the freedom to customize it.

Improvements to My Organization

I use Ubuntu only at home, so it has not changed how I use the PC.

Room for Improvement

Ubuntu is on its way for big changes. The transition from the desktop environment Unity7 to Unity8 is in progress. So, I prefer to wait until Unity8 is released to answer this question.

Use of Solution

I've used it since it was first released in October 2004.

With a little attention to the hardware compatibility, all is OK.

No. Linux in general is a very stable OS. I use only the LTS releases of Ubuntu that are more stable than the others.

At home I don't have to scale my system, so no issues.

I don't pay for a customer service, so I can't answer.

I don't pay for a customer service, so I can't answer.

I had used Windows, and I switched to Linux out of curiosity at first, and then for the quality of the OS after.

For me at least it was straightforward. Ubuntu was from the first release an easy distribution to install and use, with a big support from the community.

ROI

I have a very valuable tool that costs me nothing and that allows me to do all the things I need. So the ROI for me is very high.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

A Linux system is generally free. The GPL License is very clear and in favor of the collaboration.

Other Solutions Considered

Not really. For me, ten years ago the options were only two; stay with Windows or change to Linux.

Other Advice

Don't be afraid. Try it, it's free, you can try it on your PC without installing it, and there is a big community of users for the primary support.