Ubuntu Linux Review

Works well for small systems and has good value

What is most valuable?

It's a very stable and very popular solution.

What needs improvement?

If I run an application, I need it to show up in Microsoft, so Microsoft can run in Ubuntu. It needs to connect better with Microsoft products.

This solution is stable.

This solution is scalable. We have 10 users at the moment. We plan to increase usage.

I don't have any experience with technical support. I have experience with Linux, so I am okay.

We've only ever used Microsoft products. But Microsoft is very expensive, and the system is complicated.

The initial setup is simple.

We had a consultant assist in the implementation. We need 15 people for deployment and maintenance.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise using the solution because it's a very stable system and very fast and you are charged no money for using them.

My number one choice, for the work I do, is Red Hat, but it's very expensive. Number two is Ubuntu, which works for small systems and has good value.

I think that Ubuntu offers more than Microsoft. Microsoft is no good. There are lots of versions of Windows, but many errors and there's no stable system.

I would rate this solution 2 out of 10.