Ubuntu Linux Review

A stable solution with an easy initial implementation

What is most valuable?

I find the stability of the solution the most valuable aspect. It's also easier software than Microsoft Windows.

What needs improvement?

The portal for the active directory needs to be improved. I cannot include my work station as I want to the active directory to the Microsoft domain.

The solution could be better integrated with Microsoft.

I've been using the solution for 2-3 years.

The solution is stable.

I cannot answer this question. I haven't tried to scale the solution. Directory as a workstation is used by a few hundred, but all servers are for Oracle databases. And that users work on Windows work stations, but with Oracle client issues, databases on the servers. But we don't plan to scale.

We don't deal with technical support. If we need answers, we usually use the internet.

We previously used 3BD and Oracle Linux. We switched because this solution is more user-friendly.

The initial setup was pretty easy.

We did not evaluate other options.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution at 8 out of 10.

For me, its different user interfaces is not a good idea because sometimes it's hard to find the best interface. It's better to have one, but an excellent one. I think the stability is very good.