Ubuntu Linux Review

An impressive user experience with wide support for hardware devices

What is our primary use case?

I use this solution on my desktop.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the user interface. The user experience is really good.

What needs improvement?

On the gaming side, things are happening but there are some games that should be ported to Ubuntu. Gamers generally don't adopt Linux, and the choice is normally Windows.

The stability of this solution is ok. The previous version of this solution had some glitches. When I locked the system, I would come back and it would not unlock. I had to remotely log in and kill something before it would unlock. After the update it was ok.

I haven't used Ubuntu as a server operating system. Obviously, Linux is scalable because we have been using Red Hat and other distributions, but with respect to Ubuntu, I haven't used it on the server side very much.

I have never contacted technical support.

We do not use Ubuntu Linux in our production environment. For production, we use Red Hat and similar ones, such as Oracle Enterprise Linux. On the server-side, we haven't introduced Ubuntu yet.

What other advice do I have?

With Ubuntu, I think the recent versions have pretty much everything in place. Some other operating systems may not take all of the hardware devices and drivers, but here it picks up most of the things, so I don't see anything wrong in there. The user experience is good, the interface is good. It's all good.

Being a desktop user, I can say that using this solution on a desktop is a very good choice. Ubuntu also supports a cloud-based installation, so it should be a good choice there as well.