UFT Pro (LeanFT) Review
Continuous testing, assessment, continuous insight and quality. LeanFT supports the entire end-to-end stack, from problem definition to solution delivery

What is most valuable?

I work a lot with guys who work with meta-mathematics, like applied maths and quantum mathematics. So for us, the most important feature is the ability to handle complex algorithms, such as fuzzy logic techniques which is the first step towards artificial intelligence in our field. The support for containerisation and continuous learning, adapting to our needs like support for DevOps practices, is paramount in our work.

How has it helped my organization?

By strengthening our understanding of our problems, HP’s solution allows us to be able to define problems. From an executive level to the lowest level, every company needs to be able to understand the infrastructure of every single aspect of challenges that businesses face today. It has helped us be able evolve to change.

What needs improvement?

In future releases, I'd like to see disruptors such as IOT and test drones. For some of the new stuff that’s coming through, we need to have a clear, well-defined road map of when we’re going to receive new capabilities and new features. This allows us to plan and better work with our customers so that we know exactly when to tell our customers to expect these new capabilities. These industry disruptors actually shape how companies are able to deal with these new technologies. So there’s always room for improvement.

It’s kind of irrelevant to us because it has to continuously evolve. We have to drive the product to adapt it towards our needs. So for us, we are responsible for the future stability of how we choose to adapt the solution to our needs. New technologies come out every single day, and we need to constantly evolve towards our new needs.

It’s designed for scalability. Cloud maps and complex ecosystems, which we’ve got today, even the internet, they’re all made up of nodes. And being able to scale is paramount to evolving those nodes. This solution gives us the ability to scale however we like, which is why we use it. There’s no use having 50,000 nodes that run wild and can’t be controlled, so allowing us to control it is the value of the product.

My view is that we have to have access to the product boards in order to give feedback on how the direction of the product is going. Technical support is good right now, but we, as users, need to be able to own control of how HP chooses to change the product.

I believe in evolution before revolution. I actually saw the birth of the product, which arose through demand from R&D teams to create it in the first place. This has been a global need from a tier-one investment bank that needed a solution that could stack across that many. One of the things I wrote was a charter that stated what we needed in terms of an automation solution for our needs.

Within a week, two of my global customers were able to leverage their automation through this solution. The adaptability of how this slotted in was just amazing, which was incredibly efficient. Our customers demand these results quickly, and this solution was able to deliver extremely well.

Tools like this only existed within companies, but now with the advent of HP’s product, we’ve been able to see a solution that can address problems that arise in the workplace. The open innovation is now able to be integrated, and we hadn't see a solution that was open previously.

What other advice do I have?

First, continuous assessment, continuous insight and quality, as well as testing that continues to be driven onwards. We have to think about the end-to-end stack, from problem definition to solution delivery, a solution that sees the whole end-to-end lifecycle of the application. The whole vision is important for me.

The problem with automation is that, to research products, if you type in Google what you want to look at, you see a generic subset of the information that applies to you. If you’re paying for something, evaluate that against your own needs and your own company. Your choice of vendor should be working with you in working through your needs specifically from now on and into the future; and if they don’t, don’t choose them. You have to understand where you are now and where your tool should get you to.

1 visitor found this review helpful

2 Comments

it_user301869Vendor

I agree with your view that HP needs to prototype some new tech in these tools that people want (they can't get yet). Some pioneer could really revitalized their demand.

Recently, I was working for a client that replaced all their QTP scripts with a C sharp/Selenium/Opensource for non-browser solutions to fit their evolving needs for continuous integration/delivery. Because of this shift, the IT powers are moving away from all HP products they have. If LeanFT was on the market even a year ago, this may not have happened. Hopefully, HP will learn they need to evolve as the technologies and processes are and stop being "reactive".

29 August 15
Alex ChernyakReal User

Corey - you might want to ask your customer to try ZAP-fiX add-in (http://zaptest.com) for HP UFT. ZAP-fiX allows using UFT with dynamic and visual based object recognition. Absolutely agnostic to GUI APIs and automates ANY software app, as well supports Agile/CI development.

14 September 15