UFT (QTP) Review

It allowed us to provide automation test coverage in various areas of an online web application, including web services. However, it needs CI integration with console logs.

Valuable Features

I found all the features to be valuable. I can't pinpoint just one. It's just a very useful UI automation testing solution.

Improvements to My Organization

It allowed us to provide automation test coverage in various areas of an online web application, including web services..

Room for Improvement

• More details when run-time errors occur (product related - not user or application related)
  • Proper HTML reports
  • Console logging
  • CI integration with console logs

Use of Solution

I've used it for approximately two years.

No real blockers. The application we were testing was pretty much covered by the tool.

I didn't need to use them.

I didn't need to use them.

I have worked with Selenium and TestNG. This product was a customer request.

Depending on the approach you follow, the set-up is complex in different ways. Having an Object Repository that is not stored but built through the run is the most difficult and time consuming task. Custom libraries are also very time consuming to build.

Implementation Team

In-house implementation for a customer.

Other Advice

Setting this up from the beginning requires a lot of reading and effort spent. You need an experienced person to set the framework up and it will also take time to implement it so the ROI will be realised in the future.

Learn More About UFT

Fill out the form to view the report