Micro Focus UFT One Review

It allowed us to provide automation test coverage in various areas of an online web application, including web services. However, it needs CI integration with console logs.

What is most valuable?

I found all the features to be valuable. I can't pinpoint just one. It's just a very useful UI automation testing solution.

How has it helped my organization?

It allowed us to provide automation test coverage in various areas of an online web application, including web services..

What needs improvement?

• More details when run-time errors occur (product related - not user or application related)
  • Proper HTML reports
  • Console logging
  • CI integration with console logs

I've used it for approximately two years.

No real blockers. The application we were testing was pretty much covered by the tool.

I didn't need to use them.

I didn't need to use them.

I have worked with Selenium and TestNG. This product was a customer request.

Depending on the approach you follow, the set-up is complex in different ways. Having an Object Repository that is not stored but built through the run is the most difficult and time consuming task. Custom libraries are also very time consuming to build.

In-house implementation for a customer.

What other advice do I have?

Setting this up from the beginning requires a lot of reading and effort spent. You need an experienced person to set the framework up and it will also take time to implement it so the ROI will be realised in the future.

More Micro Focus UFT One reviews from users