Micro Focus UFT One Review

It provides us with service testing, API testing, GUI testing and business process testing, although it needs better compatibility with Chrome and Safari.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature to me are the high-end automation frameworks -- linear, hybrid, data-driven, keyword-driven, BPT, and functional decomposition.

How has it helped my organization?

It works with both desktop and web-based applications.

It also provides us with service testing, API testing, GUI testing and business process testing.

What needs improvement?

It needs better compatibility with Chrome and Safari, which would lead to this being a better product.

I've used it for six years.

I had no issues with deployment.

I've had no stability issues.

We've scaled without issue.

Customer service is excellent.

Technical support is excellent.

We didn't use a previous solution.

The installation process of this software is very well organized. Here, all the prerequisites/supporting software are part of setup and it automatically configures your system for the best use during the installation. If in one or more parameters are missing the latest updates, it performs those updates automatically.

We did it in-house, and I was a part of this team. You need to make sure to demonstrate to team members the proper tools for installation so they can follow the various concepts and then arrange for proper training to be given to all users for the best use of it. I believe that a well-trained person/team can solve issues with HP UFT by themselves.

It's fast, reliable, and accurate, and should provide ROI.

I am aware of other tools on the market, but I found HP UFT best suited to my needs. We, therefore, adopted it.

What other advice do I have?

If one is looking for a software testing tool for functional parameters with an automation approach, they can go for it without any more thinking and discussion. Where there are a few up and coming open source solutions, they have limitations that HP UFT doesn't have.

**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are a certified training partner to HP Enterprise for their global training needs for HP UFT and other tools.