UFT (QTP) Review

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features for us are the GUI, the easy identification of objects, and folder structure creation.

How has it helped my organization?

It's improved the way our organization functions by automating test cases that were previously done manually. It also improved the robustness and execution time of these test cases.

What needs improvement?

It doesn’t support Telerik UI controls and we are currently looking for a patch for this. It's also quite an expensive solution.

We've been using it for one year in my project.

We've had no issues with deployment.

It's been stable for us.

No issues with scalability.

8/10

8/10

I've used UFT for many years as this tool is the most user-friendly solution for automating tests.

The initial setup was a straightforward, step-by-step process.

Our in-house admin team implemented it.

It's an expensive solution.

What other advice do I have?

This tool is awesome for automation even though it is expensive.

1 visitor found this review helpful
1 Comment
Don IngersonConsultantELITE SQUADTOP 5

Succinct but to the point review. May I make a suggestion? You might want to include what types of applications that you are automating with UFT (i.e. Web, Java, SAP, Terminal Emulator, .NET, etc.). One of the main advantages of UFT over other automation tools is there is practically an add-in for almost any (AUT) Application Under Test whereas some other popular automation tools have limitations such as only being able to automate Web applications.

05 July 16