UFT (QTP) Review

Using automation to perform regression testing can save us huge amount of time and resources

How has it helped my organization?

With frequent releases, using automation to perform regression testing can save us huge amount of time and resources. It has allowed us to focus on newly added features.

What is most valuable?

• Record and Replay to ease onboarding of new users.
  • Object Repository Technology, which is a good mean to identify graphical components of the applications under test.

What needs improvement?

Initially, it was supporting only Internet Explorer. This was not an issue, as the corporate choice, was to use that browser. In the meantime, Firefox and Google Chrome became popular and were introduced within the company, hence scripting became more complex from a maintenance standpoint to support those additional browsers.

More than five years.

This was long time ago, with version 8.2. It was automation of a pack of regression set with QTP. It was a success because my customer split regression testing and functional testing. Therefore, I could focus on the part which was identical across versions, then maintain the scripts after new features were introduced over releases.

Learn More About UFT

Fill out the form to view the report