UiPath Process Mining Review

The ability to automate processes helps us to save time and costs

What is our primary use case?

We use this product for robotic automation. With it, we are automating certain standard business processes so they do not have to be handled manually. We can build robots to run automated processes to complete these standard tasks that we would normally have to do manually, otherwise, on a periodic basis. So instead of doing these repetitive tasks manually, the robot is doing it instead of us and it takes care of them automatically.

How has it helped my organization?

The product helps us in many ways. The ability to automate processes helps us to save time. When we save time, we also save costs. So we spend fewer man-hours on certain tasks and enhance productivity. It is a nice tool for us and streamlining workflow.

What is most valuable?

The parts of the product that are most valuable are that it is easy to deploy and easy to manage. The user interface is simple and user-friendly. Integrations with other products are also very easy. This is why we continue to use the product rather than something else.

What needs improvement?

Some things could be improved in ProcessGold even though it is already very useful. New integrations sometimes depend on new technologies or new hardware. The compatibility with the various integrations with new technologies should be enhanced so that these can be adopted as they become available.

It is an expensive solution. It would be good if the company could consider some type of change to the licensing model that could help clients better regulate the costs in different ways.

Another improvement would be on the development side for test management. It would be nice to be able to create new custom features for testing within that module.

The stability of the product is fine. We are not having too many serious technical problems with deployed robots. It is all working properly.

The scalability of ProcessGold is fine. I know of different companies that are using it with anywhere between 10 servers to 2000 servers. I do not think that scalability has any serious restrictions.

As far as how many users are using the solution and their roles in the company, generally, only admins are using the product. So we have only around six or seven people using the product directly in the company although other people may benefit from the processes that it handles. We need a maximum of only two or three people on staff for deployment and maintenance.

In the future, we are planning to increase our usage a lot. Right now we have about 25 licenses with 25 robots.  We have plenty of reasons to build new processes and increase the number of licenses to about 50 and double our usage while leveraging the advantage that automation offers. What we actually do ends up depending on the business scenarios. If we see a lot of business enhancement and growth in the market, of course we will continue to expand what we do.

We have not used technical support too much, but when we have needed to use it they helped us with any issues. Their performance has been okay for us. We did not have any problems with them.

The initial setup was okay. It was not very complex. The implementation took around one month total.

When it came to the implementation, there was a partner who helped me with the integration and deployment.

We pay around $200,000 for licensing the product. We also have additional costs. There is a yearly maintenance fee that is 20% of the license. So that comes to an additional $40,000 a year for the maintenance and support.

This is the first product that we have used for robotic automation. We did check into other options, but from the perspective of the available features and what we felt we needed, this was the best product and the best choice. The ease-of-use allowed us to adopt it quickly.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to ten where one is the worst and ten is the best, I would rate this as an eight. It is an eight rather than higher because there is always, something to do to make even a very good product better.

The advice that I have for people considering adopting this product is that it is important to define scenarios in the beginning before starting to build them. It is best to start working with simple scenarios. After they have success with that, they can try things that are more complex. It is tempting to want to just jump in and do complex things right away, but it is important not to rush into complex development when using this kind of tool.

More UiPath Process Mining reviews from users