UiPath Process Mining Review

Capture process helps to understand how your process steps work and what you can do to improve them but stability needs improvement

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the capture process. That is really good because it helps you to understand how your process steps work and what you can do to improve them. It helps to make it more visibility and tangibility into what you are doing in terms of the processes.

There is room for improvement. It is a helpful tool, I don't want to imply that it's useless. It helps to figure out if there are any steps that can be removed. It also helps to simplify the process and with the standardization of tasks because if you ask two people who are basically doing the same thing, to capture those steps you'll figure out that there is a lot of redundancy improvements in terms of aligning the way of working and maybe reducing some steps or removing them completely.

I have been using UiPath Process Mining for three months.

It is stable, but not the top of the curve. It can be improved, let's put it that way.

In terms of scalability, it's medium to high. In my company, there are around 10 to 15 users. No more than that. I think it's a good number of people because usually these kinds of processes are not used by everybody. It's for process experts who are trying to understand and to eliminate waste within your process.

The technical support is good although it can be further enhanced. By that I mean that it should have a faster response. When you have an incident or a ticket we expect a quicker response.

We also looked at Celonis. It does pretty much the same thing. The advantage of Celonis is that you can see that the log has a bunch of low activity in one Excel file and then the tool can process that information and provide you with some insight.

This is an aspect that we are interested in. Of course, it is not suitable for all processes because it is highly dependent on the technology that you need to have the log available in. But if you have the log available then it is quite helpful to have a tool to analyze that.

The initial setup was easy because it is a cloud version, so it's not so complicated. I'm not sure about the on-premise. Maybe the one on-premise would be more difficult to install but I don't have experience with that.

Considering that the solution is not fully stabilized and is not a mature product, the pricing can be further reduced. I expect it to be a little bit lower, especially during this time because it is in a maturity curve so they are ramping up the product. I expect it to be a little lower than what it is.

What other advice do I have?

UiPath is a solid company. It's almost the best on the market today. Process mining is something that will help the RPA process because, in the end, those tools, like process mining/ process simplification and standardization are hand in the hand of RPA. Process mining will reach a certain level in the future. I think it is a company to look at and to invest in this technology. Grow with the company because it's a solid one.

I would rate it a seven out of ten.

In the next release, I would like for there to be a way to automatically do mining activity instead of recording yourself on the screen. Similar to other products on the market.

More UiPath Process Mining reviews from users