UiPath Review

Removed a lot of human error and improved accuracy when processing credentials

What is our primary use case?

We are in Pakistan. For the last couple of years, UiPath has been a very advanced technology in our country. In the very beginning of my implementation and development, we used UiPath for process automation. Six to seven months ago, during COVID-19, all our offices were working from home. So, we automated end-to-end processes. We started our journey via process automation. Now, we are moving towards end-to-end automation. Our aim is to automate 150 end-to-end processes by the end of 2021.

I am a software engineer who does all the next-gen automation. I was hired to implement and install the next-generation software in our infrastructure. One and a half years ago, we chose UiPath for our robots.

The UiPath use case scenario was about the supply chain for onboarding and offboarding, which is a huge activity. It is also a huge pain point for HR and the supply chain. For example, if someone joins our company, 10 to 15 tasks have to be generated for multiple departments: IT department, the supply chain department, the SAP team, and the HR department. So, it took around 10 or 15 days to complete the whole end-to-end process. Now, using UiPath, we have evolved some authorizations, and there are no approval activities to complete our onboarding and offboarding. Offboarding is a bigger activity compared to onboarding. Onboarding is now completed within two days, which is a very fantastic achievement because all our systems and other capabilities are now doable via UiPath. When anyone in a junior or senior position joins our company, we just create a ticket for onboarding and 14 to 16 tasks that can be done by RPA. That goes to ServiceNow, SAP client, and other third party applications as well as Active Directory, where a new joiner will need access. All these activities are now being done by UiPath.

We have 57 use cases on our live systems.

We prefer to use Azure (versus AWS) because it is more compatible with UiPath.

How has it helped my organization?

My first automation case in the company was for process automation. It was for a daily sales report, which is a midnight activity. All activity is done at a very odd time, from 12:00 AM to 4:00 AM. Our resource wasn't very motivated to do this. Now, the bots can perform some of the daily sales reports from multiple systems, e.g., SAP and Salesforce, then send it to the responsible people. All these activities are now done with RPA.

At the beginning, employee satisfaction was not good for UiPath. UiPath was a very advanced technology that we were installing in our company. Originally, everyone may have thought that there was one back-end employee as well as another person doing this activity. Since we have worked towards sharing some details and organizing some UiPath hackathons, our business people are more satisfied and motivated because the solution works for everyone. Now, our teams, coaches, and business people are showing some interest in developing processes on their own. So, the motivation level of our employees has increased.

We have reduced many errors. In Pakistan, there are so many names which start with "Muhammad". While creating a username on the SAP side, there were so many errors when a human was doing credentials or a username, and there were spelling mistakes as well. Therefore, there were too many errors when a human did this manually. For example, one person would spell "Muhammad" starting with MU and another with MO. So, we improved our onboarding and offboarding process accuracy with RPA. We can now get information from ServiceNow and some third-party applications, creating users on the back-end. Thus, we removed a lot of human error and improved accuracy. This is just a simple example.

The UiPath Apps feature has helped us to reduce the workload of our IT department by enabling end users to create apps. I am responsible for managing UiPath Orchestrator, and it helps me when business people ask all the time, "What is the status of our process?" I can access this information via the UiPath application, which is cloud-based, to see the status of each process and use case. If there are any errors, I can send an email via mobile or WhatsApp, which is very useful.

This year, we chose 15 people to create processes using UiPath. Five people have already done this because UiPath Studio has a very friendly interface.

What is most valuable?

My favorite features inside UiPath are:

• Desktop Recorder
  • OCR recorder
  • Image processing
  • Natural Language Processing (NLP).

I vent all the time, so I like the Desktop Recorder, which is fantastic. It can be automated, made compatible, and integrated with any application: webpages, desktop applications, and Citrix applications. On the network side, we are able to automate PowerShell commands.

We are also using UiPath Orchestrator for the cloud.

We are working on Chatbot with Dialog flow. This is not yet live. In a couple of months, we plan to go live. They have fantastic AI functionality within UiPath. Over the last couple of weeks, via some UiPath technical sessions, they showed us some Chatbot sessions and how they are integrated with the AI. We plan to introduce a customer support Chatbot at the end of March.

The pre-packaged templates are a good thing. I can upload them at any time, which is very useful.

It is easy to manage and maintain.

What needs improvement?

We are facing an issue all the time with the Chrome extension issue, where it does not work properly. Maybe, it is on the Chrome or UiPath side. We are talking about this all the time with UiPath. It could possibly be a bug in UiPath. For example, if I want to open ServiceNow and put in some details, sometimes it does not work. It can be opened in Chrome, but nothing can be written on ServiceNow because an extension needs to be installed on the Chrome side. Even though the extension is already installed, it says, "There is an extension issue." We have already raised this issue with UiPath, and I hope it will be solved sometime soon.

I would like them to add their hackathon training sessions as a part of the UiPath Academy.

From a developer's perspective, UiPath Orchestrator is a bit complex because now UiPath has been upgraded with cloud functionality in its latest version. It took me three to four days to understand how to work with it.

I have been using the solution for one year and seven months.

We haven't faced any issues with stability in our business, development, or applications. So, I think it is good.

I am managing the solution utilizing third-party developers. There are six of us on the team.

We haven't required maintenance as of now.

Compared to other solutions, its scalability needs some improvement. If we have a process that we want to upgrade, then we need to increase some capabilities by 50 percent and upgrade that process. It doesn't get accepted for some scenarios.

Six people have access to manage all the process, but only three people have access on the development side.

In November, we planned to update the entire infrastructure because there was a version upgrade and we needed to upgrade our license as well. Also, there was some downtime. The support team was very good, so we haven't seen any issues. I would rate them as an eight out of 10.

Some parts changed while we were doing the upgrade of our environment. That was the reason that we faced some issues, but the customer support from the UiPath was amazing and they provided support at the right time. So, we solved all the issues on time.

We talk to support at very odd times. All our upgrades and infrastructure are always at night, so we send emails at the very odd times. However, they are fantastic and supportive. They give us resources who are technical experts and have been with us since the beginning. All the information and activities get done. They are very good human people.

We did two UiPath hackathon training sessions where UiPath shared all its technical information with us. We also planned some activities with our business people. These activities were designed to help them understand:

• What is UiPath.
  • How to automate using UiPath.
  • How UiPath can help them in their daily routines/work life.

We didn't previously use another RPA solution.

While a human was doing this before, there were huge errors and delays. Now, with UiPath, there have been no human delays nor errors. Tasks done with RPA are more accurate, providing more value.

We chose UiPath because we have huge manual, repetitive processes around daily sales and I/O.

Within two months, we deployed everything. The reason that it took two months is that we had to make UCloud and some VMs available.

We held 15 to 20 training sessions while we were implementing all the infrastructure in our area.

We deployed the solution with our third-party vendor, Unite BT, and UiPath. We didn't develop nor install it ourselves. We also purchased support for our organization from Unite BT.

Our experience with Unite BT has been good. They are very supportive. The technical lead from UiPath has also been fantastic.

Four people were needed from our development: an automation lead, team leader, my manager, and me (representing the company's developers).

For the employee onboarding process, we saved around six FTEs per year and 7,000 hours months. That is fantastic and a huge amount for our company. It is a very complex process. There were many people involved when it was done manually, but now it is automatic.

It is saving us around $14,000 per year. For our country, that is a huge amount.

UiPath has a cheaper price compared to Automation Anywhere and Kryon RPA.

There were two other companies who approached us: Kryon RPA and Automation Anywhere. However, it is much easier to develop and manage all the infrastructure in UiPath, so we chose the UiPath. We don't have any plans to switch or move on.

We are doing process automations, and Automation Anywhere didn't have many activities that are prebuilt. It would be very difficult and complex for a new user to understand how to use and develop in it. We also didn't like their approach for working with customers. We felt that Automation Anywhere's customer support wasn't good. That is why we chose UiPath. Maybe, in the future, Automation Anywhere can compete with UiPath. However, as of now, UiPath is easier to use and develop as well as more compatible with other applications.

What other advice do I have?

UiPath is very user-friendly and easy to develop with an affordable price. You must consider UiPath if you are looking at companies in the RPA industry.

If you don't have cloud functionality, you are limited, e.g., limited resources and limited capabilities. For example, if you are out of the office, how can you access the UiPath infrastructure without the cloud?

I can manage the entire infrastructure via my mobile application, which saves time and provides convenience. If I am out of office, I can log into UiPath for my statuses, managing all the other boards, tools, efforts, and processes. This is its packaging. To upgrade any of their packages, we need a cloud platform to access it.

I am Certified and have done all the Labs in UiPath Academy. Before implementing RPA, I didn't have much of an idea of how it worked. I learned everything from UiPath Academy.

Two years ago, there were very few courses offered at that time by UiPath Academy. Now, UiPath Academy has divided one course into the several subcourses, which is good for new users. The subcourses make it very simple to understand how UiPath and RPA work.

The solution has helped me to develop in my career.

I would rate this solution as an eight out of 10 because it does need some room for improvement.

Microsoft Azure

19.2
More UiPath reviews from users
...who compared it with Automation Anywhere (AA)
Start Your UiPath Free Trial

Learn what your peers think about UiPath. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
513,091 professionals have used our research since 2012.