UiPath Review

Well-structured academy to learn from, helpful community, and supports single sign-on

What is our primary use case?

I am a software engineer and my company has automated more than 100 use cases. We use both attended and unattended automation.

Our CEO has created a mandate that we are going to be creating a digital environment in the company and we began with implementing UiPath in our Digital Technology (DT) department. Our DT department was formerly IT, and we no longer have an IT department.

The first processes we looked at had to do with Active Directory onboarding and SAP access requests, where the user needs to onboard to SAP. One of the major projects that we start with is the task of PR creation.

Our company has more than 10,000 employees all over the world, so we have a lot of PR requests raised. We have a separate team that is focused on PR, and they were doing them manually. When a PR has been requested by a user, it typically takes between two and three days to complete. There are a lot of queues inside the process if it is done manually. This is a very long time so we wanted to automate it.

One of the systems that we have integrated with is ServiceNow, where we have automated the ticket process. When a ticket is generated manually, the person gets information from the service and then performs steps using SAP and our ERP. It takes approximately 30 to 40 minutes to create one PR. Now, through the use of UiPath, we have automated the process such that the robots are notified when ServiceNow creates the ticket, and then the steps are completed within 10 or 15 minutes. The automation runs 24 hours so we set up a schedule where every five minutes, the robots go to ServiceNow and check for new tickets.

This is a wonderful achievement and our RPA initiative, which started in our department, has now spread throughout the company and across all departments. They began to adopt RPA after seeing the benefits in our department.

A second use case is our SAP onboarding, where once a user has joined our company, a lot of tasks have to be created in ServiceNow because they need access to a lot of places. For example, when done manually, it took two hours to enter the employee into more than 10 applications. These included local and third-party applications, Active Directory, SAP, Salesforce, and others that even include one that related to the supply chain.

What happens now is that HR confirms the onboarding in the SAP HR system, which is integrated with ServiceNow. At that point, more than 10 tickets are automatically created.

How has it helped my organization?

We have some use cases that we are using business emails for. Business users can trigger jobs by sending emails with specific subjects. The robot working the backend will automatically add a queue inside of the Orchestrator.

UiPath is really easy to learn, whether somebody is new to RPA or a business user. It is easy to develop processes and there are a lot of activities that are built-in that can be used to help with and speed up development.

The UiPath Automation Cloud is a web-based SaaS that we don't need to install, and this is very beneficial to us. It is hosted with our Microsoft Azure cloud infrastructure, and it is very useful because of the COVID situation. Also, it is perhaps not good practice to install UiPath on-premises on a physical server because you need to connect using a VPN, and that can be very difficult sometimes. Using the cloud platform, we are able to access it from anywhere. This has not only improved our efficiency but allows us to see errors that occur, as well as the status of each process at any time from wherever we are. If we have a company laptop, for example, then you can check it. You can also check the Orchestrator using a mobile device, which is something that we do to monitor the status of each process.

What is most valuable?

It is handy to use and simple to develop a process.

It has been integrated with every third-party application, as well as any desktop, Citrix, and web applications.

Some of the AI functionality is very useful for the company. We do not have any case cases for AI right now but we are planning to release a chatbot, where I am the main developer. We are nearing the completion of that project.

The UiPath Academy has a lot of wonderful things to learn, and anyone can join.

UiPath provides granular role-based access control and management, which is something that we use for our third-party development team. We work with a Turkey-based company of RPA developers, and we give them authorization based on their role as developers. It is very accurate and secure and allows our administrators to better manage the system. There are different levels of authorization that include administrator, developer, and user. The user authorization can be given without concern because they can only look at the jobs. A developer can run a program and has other capabilities, but the administrative role can perform everything that is needed.

We use single sign-on and it is a very important feature for us. Without using the single sign-on capability, given that when we work remotely it is sometimes from public places, we feel that accessing our system would be less secure. We have not had any issues with single sign-on, but we have the option to log in without it if we want to.

The UiPath Academy is a well-structured and organized platform where you can learn how to automate processes. Two years ago, I was new to the field of RPA. As of today, I have learned a lot from the Academy and from working with the platform, and now I am certified in UiPath.

The UiPath Community is very helpful. You can raise questions and get help from RPA masters. They are there to help you at any time and reply to you within a few minutes. You can even send them your use cases.

What needs improvement?

Customer support is an area that is in need of improvement. Prior to COVID, we never had an issue with support. However, perhaps if they are working remotely, they are short of resources because the last time we faced an issue, the service was slow. For example, we sent an email to customer support and it took more than half a day to reply. It took a full day to reach the correct people to help us. As we are all working from home at the moment, it makes for an awkward situation when customer support doesn't reply.

I have been working with UiPath for more than two years.

The scalability is good. We have more than 30 licenses this year, and all of the robots are working very well. We have had problems with some but this is fixed by contacting customer support. Overall, I would rate the scalability an eight out of ten.

Pricing is affordable for both small and large companies.

Customer support is another major reason that UiPath is a good product. However, since the COVID situation began, they are slower to respond and resolve issues. Overall, I would rate customer support an eight out of ten.

I have experience with Automation Anywhere and Blue Prism, and they are also good products. However, when it comes to planning and automating our business processes, we prefer to use UiPath. The two of these cannot compare to UiPath because it's very fast to develop, runs quickly, and does so without errors.

Automation Anywhere does not offer the organized and structured academy that UiPath does. There are resources available online from which you can learn, but no structured academy.

The UiPath community is available for you to raise questions and there are a lot of RPA masters available to give you answers. This is something else that Automation Anywhere does not have.

Finally, Automation Anywhere does not have the same number of built-in activities.

The initial setup was straightforward, although I was not available to assist with it.

Once the infrastructure was installed, they gave us some training and we started using it.

The UiPath team upgraded our version two weeks ago and we are very happy with it.

One of the major concerns for the company was pricing, and we found that UiPath is affordable. They have a good pricing structure and you can negotiate with them.

What other advice do I have?

UiPath has a lot of features that are very good for us as a company, but also for me as a developer. My advice for anybody who is interested in UiPath is that it's a very useful application in terms of automating your environment, making it more accurate, efficient, and error-free. UiPath is one of the best RPA applications; it is very easy to learn and when you need to develop your processes, it is very good.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

19.78
More UiPath reviews from users
...who compared it with Automation Anywhere (AA)
Start Your UiPath Free Trial

Learn what your peers think about UiPath. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
509,570 professionals have used our research since 2012.