UiPath Review

There is no coding required to implement a complex business process

What is our primary use case?

UiPath is best at its core and with the help of plugins from UiPath and community you get solutions to a lot of problems out of the box. I have tried couple of more platforms, but the easiness, diversity and flexibility that UiPath provides is unparalleled.

In the recent top 50 enterprise application at g2crowd, UiPath is at 18th place and topmost in the automation platforms.

I have done quite a lot of different real-time projects with UiPath. In one big project, there was a lot of loan applications from scanned documents. We used Abbyy Flexicapture for reading OCR and ICR text and we read it very accurately. It really boosted the moral and now we are automating the whole CAD department of the bank.

Now we are looking forward to more complex processes and try using the ML and AI into it.

How has it helped my organization?

RPA is our bread and butter. We have implemented projects in the telecom and financial industries.

A good example was when we implemented a network process in the telecom sector. The time for that process was seven minutes, then by implementing the RPA, we drastically reduced it to 40 seconds. The process involved worked on four different applications. Each application required a secure login, and the speed was due to the websites being hosted on the Internet. It did not require any internet connection when we implemented RPA on-premise, and used complete network and system resources.

What is most valuable?

• The ease of the processes
  • There is no coding at all required to implement a complex business process. If you have some programming background, it will help you. However, if you are a business user, you can still develop simple processes.
  • The automated recording helps quite a bit. You record a complete business process along with human interactions to the desktop or web application. You can easily manipulate them. Once you are done, you have a complete recording of the interactions, which you can use to tweak your requirements.

What needs improvement?

You can't write small snippets of code. If you want to do a single code snippet, this is not available by default. For example, if I want to do some date conversions, and that date conversion requires different variables to be available in the context, but they are not there. A small snippet of code change should be available out-of-the-box. This will help me in the long run. I can create activity out of it. Support for a little bit of in-line script should be there.

There aren't stability issues, though it should have better RAM and cores. When it's overloaded you get considerable problems.

Scalability is one bit which should be properly planned at the time of license and planning. For tight budget projects, you have to be very precise in the runtime execution requirements otherwise, you might face issues.

Tech support takes time replying to queries. The more you go to the community, the more likely you will get replies. Therefore, tech support should be improved.

The initial setup was very straightforward. We were up and running in approximately 15 minutes. UiPath is the best of breed in the market for setup.

Licensing is one of the big issues when I have been doing some pre-sale activities. One robot price licensing is quite high with UiPath. They should provide some discounts to partners so we can spread the product easily in countries, like Pakistan and other areas in the Middle East. Licensing should be reduced and price should be cut down a bit.

We also evaluated Blue Prism. We went UiPath due to the community support.

What other advice do I have?

It has a lot of community support with a lot of help available. It is a very mature tool.

The academy for UiPath is very good place to start with UiPath. It is easy and the learning curve is quite low.

1 visitor found this review helpful