UiPath Review

Time to market is very quick - my team has produced bots in as little as two days

What is our primary use case?

I work in the healthcare domain. We've automated a lot of financial and invoice-types of business processes, bringing in efficiencies in terms of saving time spent by field representatives in processing requests.

How has it helped my organization?

The time saved is anywhere between 10 to 15 minutes, on average, because a human would have at least that long, and up to 20 minutes, to do these tasks, while a bot takes just 4.3 seconds, which is huge efficiency.

Also, the time to market is very quick compared to other applications out there. RPA is very quick. My team has produced bots in as little as two days, from discovery to development and go-live.

Performance benefits rate a nine out of ten, because of a Citrix automation fragility concern. Otherwise, I would have given a ten out of ten.

What is most valuable?

It's easy to use and it's easy to host.

The most valuable features are the ease of use and the UI. It's much better compared to all the competitor applications out there. I've literally used all the applications that are in the market, and UiPath has been, by far, the best.

Another prime factor is that it scales up horizontally and is on the cloud, on AWS cloud. That's where we host our processes and our services. That connectivity feature, the availability, is a primary winning element.

What needs improvement?

The Citrix automation - the way that it's fragile right now - if that could be made stronger and more stable, that would be icing on the cake for UiPath.

When it comes to stability, it all depends upon what kind of touchpoints it has with third-party applications. Citrix automation is always a little bit fragile compared to non-Citrix automations, especially with UiPath. But I'm sure the 2018.3 version, which is going to come out, is going to fix that. I'm hoping that it fixes the issue.

Scalability is tremendous. My organization has been pretty happy with the amount of scalability that it has provided. One bot can literally run multiple processes, and process millions of records.

I feel customer support can be improved a little bit. I raise service requests day in and day out with UiPath. Compared to the competitors, support is very good. Still, the average SLA is around three to four days, which I think can be reduced to one to two business days. It would be very good if UiPath Support could do that.

I was involved in the initial setup: discovery, setup, and development stabilization, end-to-end. It is straightforward. It's a no-nonsense, plug-and-play type of application where you don't have to code something for it to start up and work. It's already available there. All you have to do is build flows in Visio or BPMN flows, as they can be directly consumed by UiPath. And then the solution is working.

It costs much less and it does much more than the competitors' solutions.

The only solution that is close to UiPath is Automation Anywhere.

What other advice do I have?

There are three points that I always have my clients identify to determine if this is a good approach for them:

1. Does your process have a lot of manual steps involved?
  2. Are they repetitive in nature?
  3. Are they rules-based?

If these three are checked off as "yes," then they qualify for RPA. It's as simple as that.

Regarding UiPath RPA Academy training, I myself am certified by UiPath at all levels of certification which are offered by the LMS system. All my workforce is certified by UiPath as well. It's very intuitive and very easy to follow through and complete the courses, compared to the competitors.

In terms of staff required for development and maintenance with UiPath, for a small to medium-scale bot, we have around two developers working at any given point in time. Developers, here, also play the role of testers because it's an Agile implementation and a single person wears multiple hats. So there is one business analyst, there are two developers, and that's pretty much the team. We are very lean.

The important criteria when selecting an RPA vendor are the scalability, stability, and hosting and licensing costs. Hosting and licensing costs come at the end of the list because people are more concerned about whether the solution works or not. They always want to see a proof of concept and see that it's working. Then they get that sense of trust.

I've been using RPA for almost five years now, pretty much from the time where North America did not know what RPA was. UiPath has stood out and exceeded expectations, always. It's the best. Hands-down, go with UiPath. Don't even think about others.

More UiPath reviews from users
...who compared it with Automation Anywhere (AA)
Start Your UiPath Free Trial

Learn what your peers think about UiPath. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: August 2021.
534,299 professionals have used our research since 2012.