UiPath Review

Enables us to automate manual tasks across multiple systems

What is our primary use case?

We use it across all functions, but our major groups right now are accounting followed by tax.

How has it helped my organization?

There are man-hour savings. Some of that equals headcount reduction, but we've also been able to redeploy people to more value-add activities. It has met our expectations. We wanted to automate manual tasks and it has successfully done that, across multiple systems. I would rate the performance benefits at nine out of ten.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is automating tasks that are highly repetitive, such as Accounts Payable. It is also easy to use.

What needs improvement?

I would like it to better handle updates from other systems, whether it's SAP or a website. That's the thing that we struggle with. Anytime a system changes, we have to go in and modify the code.

Stability has been an issue. It has taken about three months for a task to become stable. That was not a huge surprise, but anytime there's an upgrade of a website, things change on a website that we're using as part of the automation task, we have to go in and make those changes to the code.

It's very scalable. That's been a nice feature of the tool.

We have not used technical support.

What other advice do I have?

Dive in and get going.

We have used UiPath RPA Academy training and we like it. It gets us about 80 percent of the knowledge that we need, and then we have a group of in-house folks that will teach people who complete a class how our policies and our procedures are rolled into the tool.

It's changing daily but we have about five developers. We have business users who are now being trained to do development. They're actually working on developing their own task now. In just a few months, we'll probably have 15 to 20 developers.

We've been pretty pleased with the product. The lack of stability is our biggest issue. There are external issues that cause that, so we're not surprised by it. We were expecting it, but that's the biggest issue.

More UiPath reviews from users
...who compared it with Automation Anywhere (AA)
Start Your UiPath Free Trial

Learn what your peers think about UiPath. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: August 2021.
534,299 professionals have used our research since 2012.